Saturday 9 June 2018

A little bit of recycling...

Hello, you probably don't know but my day job is as a teaching assistant, working in the special needs department of a college. It's a job I love, but it leaves little time to craft...until the school breaks, that is.

During half or end of term breaks, I try and create as many cards and blog posts as I can to get me through to the next holiday. Sometimes, though, I find it difficult, especially when I know there is a new catalogue launch due. As yet I haven't got any of the new stamp sets. One that I couldn't resist is due any day but I'm holding on so that I can place a really large - for me - order so that I make my next quarters targets.

Now, luckily for me, my upline Susan of Craftyduckydoodah moved earlier in the month. Why would that be lucky? Let me explain. Susan always goes to the Stampin' Up! Onstage events which are held twice a year. Hundreds of demonstrators go and share their crafty ideas and find out about the next release of products and catalogues. They get to use some of these products too. But what's even better is that they make swaps to share with each other. Now with Susan moving, she hasn't so much space in her new craft room and has kindly donated the swaps she has received over the last year or two.

Most happen to be card fronts. They were given for me to either make into cards or use as inspiration. So, where possible, I'm going to make into cards... but please remember, they are not my original designs. I might have to adapt some slightly to fit on card bases, or choose to add the odd embellishment.  I'll note the originator of each one where I can.

Hilary Gregory

Allison Harbour

Mikaela Titheridge

Jan Malcolm

Jay Soriano

Angela Law

Josephine Law

Lucy Dyer

I think you'll agree that Stampin' Up have some very talented demonstrators. I still have a bag full of more card fronts to use up, so will be kept quite busy for a while yet. They have given me inspiration even though I don't have all of the stamp sets, I can see where I can substitute sets and get quite a different look.

Bev🎕

Thank you for viewing my blog today. I'd be very happy to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator if you don't already have one. If you would like a copy of the current catalogue, I can arrange for you to receive one if you contact me.



1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased you have been able to make good use of my swaps Bev - youhave certainly been very busy! xx

    ReplyDelete